As Alan Sugar’s “The Apprentice” starts this evening we know that all of the candidates will be extremely, dare I say ridiculously, ambitious.
However, as the weeks progress one wonders how many of them will demonstrate that essential character trait called persistence, without which success remains forever elusive.
It will also be fascinating to compare their relative levels of emotional intelligence or EQ. In addition to persistence, I’ll be looking to see whether the candidates display the following five EQ traits:
1. Letting go of and admitting their mistakes.
2. Knowing how to say ‘no’ to themselves and others.
3. Being realistic about their strengths and weaknesses.
4. Giving without automatically expecting a return.
5. Accepting that perfection does not exist.
Hmmm - I wonder! #proteuscareermanagement #persistence #emotionalintelligence #EQ #theapprentice #careeradvice